To Make Money in Affiliate Marketing, you have to work very hard in the beginning. But once the loyal customers are acquired, the income starts coming in.
To earn more money in Affiliate Marketing, you don’t need traffic in millions daily like Google Adsense. You can make a lot of money from some good customers. Let us understand with an example.
15+ Pro Ways To Make Money at Home
Let’s say your site gets 500 traffic per day and 15,000 traffic a month. If you convert 1% of visitors in a month to customers and you get Rs 1000 for each sale, then your earning will be as per the below calculation.
Conversion 15000×1%=150 Income
1000×150= 150000 (1.5 Lacs) Monthly
Now you understand that can you earn so much money on daily 500 traffic from Google Adsense? Of course not.
Also Read: What is Accounting?
It sounds like a dream but many bloggers on the Internet are earning thousands of dollars a month and when you ask them how to earn so much money, 8 out of 10 will tell Affiliate Marketing as their main income source.
Bloggers and Marketers who have been doing online marketing for many years. They all know very well the earning from affiliate marketing. For example, see the screenshot below.
This is Shoutmeloud’s February 2018 earnings report. You can see that more than 50% of the earnings have come from Affiliate Marketing. Which clearly shows how much money can be earned from this. You can read the full post by clicking here.
Now you must be thinking that it is an English blog and is also very popular and I write in Hindi or Hinglish. So Mac would like to tell you that there was a time when people did not search in Hindi on the internet but today look time has changed.
I agree that the main income source of Hindi blogging is Google Ads. But soon the time will also come when all Hindi bloggers will know the power of affiliate marketing and will like it only.
So whether you have to wait for that time or you have to prepare yourself in advance, it is up to you. My suggestion is that it is time to know what is affiliate marketing and how Hindi bloggers can earn money from it.
What is Affiliate Marketing
In affiliate marketing, it is very important to combine the following 3 types of important relationships:
1: Merchant or Seller
A Merchant or Seller is a person who sells his product. This product can also be physical like furniture, household items, or any online service like teaching.
2: Affiliate Marketer or Advertiser
Being a Blogger, you will be an Affiliate Marketer or Advertiser. It is not necessary to sell Affiliate Products only on Blog. Apart from this, selling products by running Email Marketing, Google or Facebook Ads, or by sharing Direct Affiliate Link is also a part of Affiliate Marketing.
Also Read: Benefits of Starting Your Own Business
3: Customer or Buyer
The buyer is the person who buys your promoted products. These can also be ideal customers gathered from email marketing and can also be buyers obtained by running ads.
To earn money from affiliate marketing, you need to have customers. If there are no customers then there will be no sales and you will not get a commission.
This was an important term and condition used in affiliate marketing. Important Apart from this, there are some other important points that you should know.
1. Affiliate Manager: This is the person who looks after the Affiliate Program of Merchant i.e. managed. And simultaneously take informed steps to increase the sales of the product.
2. Affiliate Link: When someone joins Affiliate Program, he is given a unique link to generate sales, which is called Affiliate Link. This list lets the merchant and advertiser know when and how much sales have taken place.
3. Affiliate Network: An Affiliate Network acts as a link between Merchants and Affiliate Marketers. Which contains a Proper Tracking System, Sales Reports Updates, which helps the advertiser to take appropriate steps to increase maximum sales.
4. Cloaking: Cloaking means hiding your Affiliate Links. Because 99% of Affiliate Links are not User-Friendly, then Link Clocking is done to make them Attractive. On Wo Self-Hosted WordPress, you can Clock Links with the help of a Plugin.
5. Commission: When a person buys a product from your Affiliate Link, then the merchant gives some money in return for it, which is called commission.
6. CPA: CPA means Cost Per Action in which money is given to Affiliate Marketer on Email Singing Up or purchase of any product. There is Instamojo (Payment Gateway) and ConvertKit (Email Marketing Tool) in India which give good money for SignUp.
7. CPC: Full Form of CPC is Cost Per Click. In which
you get paid for clicking on Ads, Google Adsense works on this strategy.
8. Impression: Impressions mean how many times your ad has been shown on a page.
9. CPM: In CPM i.e. Cost Per Mille (Thousand), you have to do a money transaction on 1000 impressions.
10. Landing Page: A special page is created to increase Affiliate Sales. Which is called a landing page.
For example, you can see the Deals of WebCles and Hostgator India Coupons & Discount page.
11. PPC: PPC means Pay Per Click. The commission received on clicking on Affiliate Links is part of the PPC Network only.
12. SEO: Full Form of SEO is Search Engine Optimization. In this, by optimizing your website or web pages on any specific keywords, you have to get a higher rank in Search Results (SERPs).
13. Payment Mode: The medium through which you will be given your commission. It can be Check, Wire Transfer, PayPal again. Different Affiliate Programs Offer Different Payment Methods.
14. Payment Threshold: Every Affiliate Program has a different Payment Threshold Policy. In this, the minimum amount is determined. Which when you earn, you will get your full payment.
What are the types of affiliate marketing?
1. One Tier: When one product is sold from your Affiliate Link and you get commission only once. Web Hosting Affiliate Programs are of One Tier Type.
2. Two Tier: When you get sales done by referring someone else’s Affiliate Program, then such a situation is called Two-Tier Marketing or Multilevel Marketing. WP-Engine is the biggest example of this.
3. Climbing Tier: Commissions also increase as Monthly Sales increase. Hostgator India Affiliate Program is the biggest example of this, see in the screenshot below.
4. Recurring Commissions: This is the best way of Automatic Earning. When you get commission not only on sign up of any affiliate product but also on renewal of month or year, it is called Recurring Commissions. Aweber and ConvertKit Marketing Tools are running similar affiliate programs.
5. Sitewide Commissions: When a person clicks your Affiliate Link on Merchant’s site and does not buy your Referred Product there, he takes any other product or service from the same site for which you get money. Large e-commerce websites like Amazon and Flipkart give Sitewide Commission.
6. Pay Per Lead: The money received after filling the form to complete a service is called PPL or Pay Per Lead Commission.
PM Awas Yojana Online Application Form
7. Cookies: Web Cookies are the text files that are sent to the browser by the server. And these files are sent back to the server by the browser all the time so that it can stay connected to the server. When a person goes to Merchant’s website by clicking on your Affiliate Link but no one makes a purchase and on some other day he buys Product Direct from the same, you still get a commission. Generally, the duration of cookies is 30 to 90 days.
I think now you must have come to know about Affiliate Marketing very well. So now let’s go ahead and know how income will come from this.
How to Make money from Affiliate Marketing?
Now you know that affiliate marketing earns money by selling products. But who has to sell that product and where to do it, it is still a question.
To earn money from Affiliate Marketing, first of all, you must have a Website / Blog, YouTube Channel, or Email Subscribers so that you can promote Affiliate Products.
According to my experience, blogging is the best way for this. Here you can also do Email Marketing from Aweber or ConvertKit Mail Automation Tools. At the same time, such advanced features are not yet available on Youtube.
I am currently using the Aweer Tool on Sahu4You and I would recommend the same tool to you. If you do not know how to create a website, then you can start your blogging from our Free Blog Setup Service.
Is it necessary to have a blog or website to do affiliate marketing?
No, you don’t need to have a blog or website to start affiliate marketing. But if you want to earn good money online, then I suggest that you create your Self Hosted WordPress Blog.
Can Affiliate Marketing and Adsense Ads be put together?
The answer is yes, you can use Affiliate Marketing and Ad Networks together.
How much money can I earn from Affiliate Marketing?
You can earn thousands, lakhs of crores of rupees from affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing from my personal experience is better than Google Adsense. The rest completely depends on you, how many visitors you have been able to attract to the program and how many sales were generated.
Where to learn about affiliate marketing?
I wrote many posts related to Affiliate Marketing on Sahu4You. You can get information about it by reading them.
Which Companies or Organizations Offer Affiliate Programs in India?
For the company you want to join the Affiliate Program, go to Google Search and search the name of that company with the word ‘Affiliate’.
Windows 11 Free Download ISO file
I hope now you have got the answers to all the questions related to affiliate marketing. But if you still have any questions, then definitely ask in the comment box.